It is already live – please take a look!
This website www.hounslownetwork.org.uk will no longer be updated and will be deactivated by 1 May 2016.
The Hounslow Hub brings together, and has expanded, information on Hounslow Voluntary Sector Support Service (HVSSS) and Hounslow Community Network (HCN) into a combined single core website local voluntary and community sector (VCS) groups can use.
Some key features you might be particularly interested in:
- HCN – Provides information on latest HCN membership, currently 306 local groups, HCN meetings and the HCN Executive. Also includes details of reps elected by HCN onto local partnerships. If you are not yet an HCN member there are details on how to join
- VCS News – Latest VCS news, if you have short news items feel free to send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hounslow Community Calendar – You can use this to publicise your events or when planning events check they wont clash with existing events
- Health Section – A new dedicated section around health and social care and public health, including links to the new One You Hounslow programme
- VCS Polls – A new facility to carry out local VCS poll
- Hounslow Voluntary Sector Support Service – Details of the various practical support services offered via HVSSS:
*Funding advice: a whole range of funding sources and good practice tips on writing good funding bids
*Group development: a range of model policy documents local VCS groups can use
*Training: free skills training for local VCS groups plus publicity for training by the Safeguarding Board
*IT Skills: advice tips, use of social media, how VCS groups can use free online resources to produce publicity and marketing
*Volunteering: Promoting local volunteering and links through to services by Volunteering Hounslow
We hope you will find this of practical use in your group. We are here to help!
Its still a new site so comments and feedback are welcome.